iTunes freezing issue.

Poopface Morty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
Anyone else have problems with the latest version of iTunes freezing? I'm on a Windows XP laptop, 512 MB of RAM ( :( ), and I just downloaded the song "Destroy Everything You Touch" (ironic) by Ladytron. Anytime that song plays, I cannot select another song or let that song finish, as it always locks up iTunes immediately and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.

Any ideas, or anybody have this problem before? Just a bad download, probably? I selected Report Problem in iTunes under my account, but haven't heard anything back yet.

A Pittarelli

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2007
personally i think i tunes on a mac is great, on windows its another story, its slow, unresponisive and buggy. sorry about your luck

Poopface Morty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
personally i think i tunes on a mac is great, on windows its another story, its slow, unresponisive and buggy. sorry about your luck
Once my bank account and I are happy with each other (and once Leopard is out), I'll be picking up a MacBook Pro.

Poopface Morty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
Ughhh, Apple support says uninstall and reinstall iTunes. They said if that doesn't work I have to call support, and there may be a fee involved with that.

Guess what didn't work?

Can't I just redownload the song without paying again...