Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonBourne1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
I transfered my iTunes library to an External HD, however when I open iTunes is doesn't consolidate my library. I tried clicking the iTunes library icon in Ext HD, which loads the iTunes app but doesn't show any songs
Please can anyone help me with this?

miiles

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
California
Did you change the location of the iTunes Media Folder through the iTunes Prefrences? If not then that may be your problem.

You must tell iTunes where the media has been moved to, to do this do the following:
  • Open the iTunes prefrences.
  • Open the "Advanced" tab.
  • You should see a gray box with "iTunes Media folder location" written above it, to the right of the box there are two buttons. Click the button that says change and then navigate to the location of your iTunes library on the external.
Hope this helps!

miiles

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
California
Well since you've told iTunes where the library is located, and your sure that is had indeed been done correctly...I don't really know what your problem is.

I tried clicking the iTunes library icon in Ext HD, which loads the iTunes app but doesn't show any songs

Can you try explaining this again? I don't quite understand what you mean.

JasonBourne1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
I've pretty much tried everything else and it hasn't worked, so I tried opening the actual iTunes library icon itself, hoping it would automatically sync with iTunes - it opened iTunes but thats it, it didn't do anything else. (i hope that made sense)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.