iTunes full featured Widget or software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Julien, May 24, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Looking for a Widget or some type of program that will display iTunes info. In Vista sidebar I had one that showed album art, song, CD, artist, time and total time. It also had controls. I looked through the Mac Widgets but they are all primitive that I saw. Can anyone show me a Widget or program like what I want?

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Coversutra may help.... the one thing I didn't like about it was needing to have iTunes open for it to work which kinda defeated the purpose.

3. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Actually, its purpose is served.

Straight from Coversutra's homepage:

That's exactly what it does. It is most useful now with leopard with the use of spaces. iTunes in one space, then coversutra cover art + song info on on all desktops. Then you have the extremely useful hotkeys and search in the menubar. The search is as fast as spotlight and I actually use it instead of iTunes even if I'm in my iTunes dedicated space!

This is probably the best app I bought for my mac. I use it everyday and the Album art on the desktop is just beautiful. Here's an example of what it looks like (my desktop):

[​IMG]

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Okay, I never thought about using it like that. I would still rather have iTunes NOT open but I will give CS another try using Spaces.