iTunes Full Screen Cover Flow Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danielforman, Feb 1, 2008.

1. danielforman macrumors regular

Have noticed that when in iTunes and selecting full screen cover flow mode that when the screen fades in to the full screen view instead of it being a smooth fade there is a flicker. Screenshot below shows what I mean by the flicker. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. Don't think it has done this before only just started doing it, probably since iTunes 7.6

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. BobbyDigital macrumors member

I know this is an old post but...

I was wondering if you found the fix to this? or know what might cause it?

I just got a new 24 inch iMac and i get the same flicker. I don't think it ever did this on my mac mini.

3. richterbon23 macrumors newbie

I just got a 24' mac and I am having this problem also. It is quite unsettling so anyone that can help with this problem please give advice. I just got it yesterday and it only happens when I go into full screen cover flow mode.

4. mobius86 macrumors newbie

This might be a stupid (and simple) suggestion, but have you kept your computer up to date with the software updates?

If so, then maybe try deleting the preference list for iTunes.

If that doesnt work then try uninstalling iTunes, delete the Receipt, .pkg (if there is one) and the .plist file, then reinstall.

I haven't had this problem, but i've seen it happen to a friends before. I think he just uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it seemed to have worked fine. It was weird.

Ironically, that picture by OP actually makes a pretty cool desktop background...

Good luck on fixing this, I don't know if I helped that much, but if I think of something else i'll be sure to post.

5. richterbon23 macrumors newbie

Thanks , i'll try that. I do keep everything up to date with the software updates. I guess I will try uninstalling itunes and reinstalling it.

6. richterbon23 macrumors newbie

what are the chances that this is a hardware problem with maybe the video card or something?

7. mobius86 macrumors newbie

I think that if it was a graphic or display problem, it would happen with a lot of other full screen applications.

Does this only happen to Coverflow in iTunes? If it's just that program then I think it's just a bug in iTunes.

8. richterbon23 macrumors newbie

yes it only happens with itunes. I have not noticed any other graphical errors up to this point. how do i make sure i delete the entire program and reinstall it? also this won't delete all of my music will it?