iTunes Fullscreen Hack

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jayfril, Feb 16, 2009.

1. jayfril macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't locate an answer I'm looking for...

I am interested to know if there is some way some how (3rd party plugin or hack) to fully expand itunes window to your entire resolution in OSX 10.5?

Please spare me the response: "yea, you drag the bottom corner of the itunes window." i'm not a n00b and that doesn't do what I'm asking.

Thanks for anyone that can provide an answer!

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

thereis fullscreen coverflow but im guessing thats not what u want.;)

3. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Doesn't dragging the bottom corner do exactly what you're asking?
    :confused:

And in the time it took you to start this thread you could have had it all dragged out to full screen and had the same result as any hack would have given you...

Why complicate things?

4. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

Could you edit the plist file to enable presentation mode?

5. jayfril thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure how you mean?

6. jayfril thread starter macrumors newbie

b/c a one click or keystroke hack would be instantaneous. positioning your window to top left corner of your screen and dragging the bottom right hand corner should be an unneeded chore.

7. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Ahh..so you want something that will save you time...I see..

In the time between your first post and your last, you could have resized the thing hundreds of times...:p

And any hack you do to a plist file, or any app that you will have to search for and download, will take longer and probably be more of a chore than just taking the 2-5 secs it takes to resize manually.

Btw, you probably know this b/c you're not a noob, but if you resize it once, it will stay that size every time you open it. If you hit the green button on the top left once, it will go to a mini-player size; hit it again and voila! it's back to full screen.

8. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Full-screen is waste of screen space most of the time. Especially if the window in full screen doesn't really require that much space.

10. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

I completely agree with you on that one, but very rarely it can be useful... the only app that I would like to see have a full screen option for is Safari (no toolbars, menubar, or dock... true full-screen); would be mainly useful for lectures/presentations.

11. whittaker007 macrumors newbie

One of the best reasons for fullscreen apps (even when the window doesn't strictly need all the available space) is for focus. Having a number of different applications and desktop icons visible behind your app can be distracting. And the most annoying aspect of stacked windows is when you are working in one app and accidentally mis-click on another app's window, that application comes to the front and generally breaks your flow. "Hide others" isn't always the best solution to prevent this.

12. MurphyM macrumors 6502

Presentation mode might be something you're after. You got a lot of obnoxious responses. For some reason people think a situation that doesn't apply to them should never be asked about... ;)