Itunes G*y? libary missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jullig, Jan 11, 2008.

1. jullig macrumors newbie

This has happend to me before, the libary of itunes just goes Kapow and dissapears when i load it, well anyway i tried googeling it alot and well i stumbled on this forum because of it, However i was trying to import the playlists (Temp File 51) and Temp file 50 and so on, but only ones i was able to get were temp file 20 or so, i tried loading iTunes libary file but no work just started Itunes

After all that s*it, well lets say I was annoyed, i uninstalled and it made me restart the computerino, I did, okay good. Well I installed it all over again, then tried importing Temp Files, but first of all I tried doing Itunes Libary file thing, I't didnt work and I'm tired, all out of ideas and pissed off around 3000 songs in there and all scattered around the computer it might aswell be hidden on jupiter so how do I get the temp files to load or the libary to return to me

also, a tutorial that is idiot free would be quite handy.

Thank you in advance
    - Julius

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Umm your post is confusing. ok?

Let's start slow. Windows or Mac and by "scattered all over the computer" are you saying all MP3s reside in various locations throughout your PC?

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

you shouldn't have temp files being saved on the HD. they should only occur if the application is subjected to a force quit.

if your mp3's are scattered all over, reinstall iTunes and let it build the first library automatically (you will see this option in the istaller). By default it will collect all those scattered files into your iTunes folder in your user/music directory.

of course if you are using windows, I have no clue if it is the same

4. jullig thread starter macrumors newbie

I am useing windows,

and all my music files are scattered all over the PC,

5. jullig thread starter macrumors newbie

Basicly This is a noob thread about recovering the itunes libary that got lost.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

In Windows...
    Posted to a Mac support forum...

I'm sorry, we have no idea what happened, your description is too vague
    There is a command in iTunes called Consolidate Library
    In the iTunes Help there is a section on importing items already on your computer

As already mentioned, there is no way that any of your MP3 files should be named "temp" or in a folder called "temp".

http://www.apple.com/itunes/hottips/
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/tutorials/