iTunes & Garage Band

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itouchg1, Feb 13, 2009.

1. itouchg1 macrumors newbie

I am trying to record from a disc and convert it into mp3 format so that I can upload to a website. I used to do this on my PC by recording directly from the cd into a program called audacity. I have downloaded Audacity for Mac but I can't figure out how to do this. Or can this be done in Garage Band? I would prefer to stick with Apple software if it is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

What kind of disc is it? If it's a CD can't you just rip it in iTunes?

In Audacity make sure you the recording setting is NOT set to 'line-in'. This will record from external sources, such as guitars.

3. itouchg1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Audacity only has two options; Built In Input & Built In Microphone, for recording that I can see. I can pull the audio CD into itunes but I am trying to do some editing to the audio which I was doing in audacity on my PC. I then used a program to convert the audio to MP3 and uploaded it to a website. I can get garage band to record it but it also records any other external sounds as well.

My end goal is to pull in an audio CD; make some edits; save it and then convert it to MP3; and then upload the MP3 file to a website. I'm sure the MAC can do this, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for your help...

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Launch Audacity.

File --> Open...

Find track on the CD.

Open track.

Make edits.

File --> Export as MP3 (once you've downloaded the LAME encoder)

Does that not work?