Itunes geniuses

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by simple20, Mar 12, 2011.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

Hey gents/ladies

The first thing I did when I installed itunes was delete all those ridiculous playlists. But I've aged considerably in the past few months, and with my age has come wisdom. Maybe that 'recently added' playlist was a pretty legit idea... any idea how to get that back? I'm on a mac, with the most recent version of itunes. Another question, like my pics, I have no idea where my music is actually stored on my mac. I mean there's itunes and iphoto, but theres no music or pic folder like windows. If I uninstall itunes and then reinstall it to ge tback that playlist will all my music be gone?

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Those playlists are just basic Smart Playlists.

The "Recently Added is:
    Match all the following conditions:
    Date added is in the last 14 days.
    Media Kind is not podcast.
    Live Updating checked.

I also like the Recently Played, which I limit to the past 7 days but I think the default is 14.

To make a playlist just click File then Make Smart Playlist. Play around with the options, it's a really powerful playlist maker.

Your Mac also DOES have a Pictures and Music folder, they're even easier to find than on Windows so I have trouble believing you even looked, or bothered searching anywhere before posting. That being said there is a Pictures and a Music folder in your user directory. (Under Users/(Your User Name). There should also be shortcuts to both in the sidebar of Finder (making it so easy a monkey could find them).

Lastly, this is the wrong forum to post this in. You've been on this site almost a year, you should know that 'iPhone hacks' couldn't possibly be the right forum to post a question about iTunes in.

3. rlav macrumors member

To recreate that playlist, go to iTunes, do File-> create new smart playlist, check the 2nd option and select "recently played". Name it what you want, sync, and you should be good to go.

Also, On OS X there is a "Music" and "Pictures" folder just like windows, if you go to finder and select your home folder,(Has a picture of a house) you should find it there. Or, to find the music while in iTunes select a song, right click, and select show in finder.

4. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular