iTunes' "Get Album Artwork" Not Quite Working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jimsowden, Apr 28, 2007.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Ok, I've been having some strange problems with iTunes' "Get Album Artwork" feature. For newer CDs, say for example Bright Eyes' "Cassadaga" or the White Stripes' new single "Icky Thump", I can see the album artwork on the iTMS. I check all my metadata (that iTunes lets me see) and make sure it matches perfectly. However when I click "Get Album Artwork" it does not get it. Not say I were to go into an album that I already had album artwork for, like The Killers "Hot Fuss" album. If I go in, delete album artwork, change the metadata to match the Bright Eyes album track for track, and click "Get Album Artwork" it will repull the Hot Fuss album (even though there is not a single thing left in the metadata left from it). Any thoughts on how this is actually happening? How to get the iTunes Album Artwork? (Since I'm crazy and won't settle for the Amazon version)

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Do you have an iTunes store account? I think you might need one of them to be able to get album artwork.

3. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Ohh sure, I've been getting artwork from apple for a while. (That's how the killers artwork is downloaded)

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

If the album or song is not available on iTunes then there is no album artwork for it to download. Maybe you tried before it was available on iTunes?

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I've found this feature to be marginally useful, to be honest. I used it this week on a Kenny Chesney album, and it pulled up another album by the same artist. I ended up just going to Amazon to get the picture.

I feel like Fetch Art actually does a better job than the iTunes feature!

6. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Well, that would make sense except if you go on, it is available and has been for a while.