itunes "get album artwork" not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chenks, Mar 8, 2010.

1. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

i'm trying to use the "get album artwork" in itunes.

i have checked that the album exists in the store and that the album name, track name(s) and artist name are identical, but itunes comes back and says it can't find any artwork.

why isn't it working ?

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

i use this feature alot...

• Make sure album is identical. Including spaces and parenthesis
    • Make sure the artist name is identical including ands or &
    • Make sure the album artist name is identical

sometimes i found that if album artist is blank it cant find the album. Make sure u put the same name in the album artist and the artist.. See if that works.. Also sometimes if u have composer information and the wrong year for the album. it also will not find the album

3. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

That's the thing. As far as I can see the album, artist and track names are identical.

I also tried it with album artist and again no find.

Tried it with track numbers and year and tried it without and still nothing.

The album is amy macdonald a curious thing in the uk store (and I'm doing the search on track 1 only)

4. metalhead777 macrumors regular

The ID3 tags may be different than what iTunes has. That's usually what the problem is if you have the original information that the album has. Otherwise, just pop up your internet browser and google the album cover. Copy and paste it into the Album Artwork, and shabang! You have your album artwork. :) WARNING: Not suitable for lazy people. :)

5. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

that's the thing, with the new style itunes store, you can no longer right click on a track to check their ID3 tags.

it's still not working for me with 2 specific albums (the third that wasn't working strangely worked a day or so ago).

the 2 not working at the moment are.

Amy MacDonald - A Curious Thing
    Sugababes - Sweet 7

for both of these albums, the tracks i am using for the artwork grab have album title, artist, and track name 100% correct, but will not grab the artwork.