Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
Hey Guys/Gals,

I was thinking of buying an iTunes gift card here in the U.S and taking it to my fried who wants to get some U.S songs... since the card just has rub-off number, I'm assuming then anyone can basically buy a song with the card??

Is there some kinda restriction like having to put a credit card before using the gift number??

If anyone has experience, please let me know!

shidoshi

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2004
I recently sent a US iTMS gift card to my girlfriend in Japan. She used it to set up an account with the US iTMS no problem, without needing a credit card. I had her use my US mailing address, but it didn't cause any problems.

So, knock yourself out.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
shidoshi said:
I recently sent a US iTMS gift card to my girlfriend in Japan. She used it to set up an account with the US iTMS no problem, without needing a credit card. I had her use my US mailing address, but it didn't cause any problems.

So, knock yourself out.
Thanks, thats exactly what I was hoping for.
Thats also where its going.

Thanks man.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
I think its a shame that iTMS gifts cant be used in other countries. Must be something to do with copyright I guess.

jonat8

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2004
United Kingdom
I wish they'd sell local iTMS cards in other countries than the US. Napster (for instance) sells prepaid cards in the UK for their UK service, why not iTunes? :(

shidoshi

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2004
pulsewidth947 said:
I think its a shame that iTMS gifts cant be used in other countries. Must be something to do with copyright I guess.

Uhm... what? Unless you are talking about something else, I said that you CAN use one country's iTMS gift card in another country.

kdeyoung

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2005
shidoshi said:
Uhm... what? Unless you are talking about something else, I said that you CAN use one country's iTMS gift card in another country.

i believe he's writing about using one countries ITMS gift card for use in a country other than the one designated for the card. unless i'm wrong, can i not use my US card in the Spanish store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.