iTunes Gift Card Help Please!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Campbell80, May 30, 2010.

1. Campbell80 macrumors member

Got a coin to scratch the back of the card so I could get the code and splash out on new apps for my iPad BUT the code has also partially been scratched off and I can't read it all, what do I do?:(

2. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Wow well, don't panic and don't try to scratch or rub it any more for now.
    Try holding it under the light at different angles. If it is only 2 or 3 numbers missing, then you may be able to see a faint mark -in which case you could try guessing a few different combinations.
    Sorry, I know these are obvious suggestions, but sometimes when a person panics about something, all it takes is a few calm words ;)
    Good luck

3. Campbell80 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but I've tried that. Can I go back to the shop with it?

4. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I would try taking it back, yes. Just stay calm and know exactly what you are going to say. Just say that you rubbed it gently if they ask. I am really not sure what the policies are for returning gift cards though. For example, say that you had scratched and used the card as normal, then scratched those numbers off later -how would the store know this? They could say something like that to you.

5. Twodogs2 macrumors newbie

Solution Found!

I've had the same problem of scratching off the code on the back of the App store gift cards. Found a video on Youtube with easy instructions:

1. Enter as much of the code as you can on the redeem page, as per usual.

2. Continue to enter the code over and over, and eventually a "Get Help" line will appear in red.

3. Click on the Help option, and the next screen will allow you to enter the serial number on the card. Add your email address, and Apple will send you a new code.

4. Start buying Apps!

Hope that helps.

6. rienrah macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem recently (there was a gummy black area in the middle of the code) and contacted support through the iTunes store. A very nice and helpful person emailed the code within about 24 hours. All he needed was the serial number on the back of the card.