iTunes gift card issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Confuzzzed, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Does anyone have a workaround for a an iTunes gift card which was purchased in the US and is not working in the UK (or indeed any international) iTunes store?

Apple tell me it has to be used in the jurisdiction that it was purchased and that there is no work around so I have to either wait until I am next in the US for a refund or set up a fictitious Apple ID and set the geography as US, redeem the gift cards and then try and gift albums or films to my legit Apple ID.

Surely there must be a more elegant workaround?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Unfortunately not, they can only be used with an account set to the region the card was purchased in. The way I got around this was, as you said, to set up an account in the US store using a second email address.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

A friend of mine in the UK ran into the same problem, with the same fix as suggested above. For him, it was not worth the trouble. I guess it depends on how large the gift card amount is that determines whether it is worth the trouble.:)

4. Confuzzzed thread starter macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I am still battling to get my money back but between iTunes and Walmart, the two are passing the buck to each other and I am piggy in the middle. Does any macrumors regular (for simplicity lets say you have to have an avatar to qualify) in the US want to buy $100 iTunes gift cards for $90?

5. Confuzzzed thread starter macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

6. Confuzzzed thread starter macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed