iTunes gift card question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AdvXSlayer, May 10, 2015.

1. AdvXSlayer macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread but I have been searching for ages and can't find an exact answer.

My issue is this : I have a friend in the U.S who wants to give me an iTunes gift card (I'm in the EU) so from what i read he can't gift me it because I'm not in U.S. I was wondering if there's any way that he can send it to me? For example I've seen that I can change my apple account to U.S but you have to put in payment details. Any help on how my friend could send me the gift card would be amazing.
    Thanks!

2. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

3. AdvXSlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

He emailed me the code already but its only available in US App Store so i need a way to change my apple account frkm uk to us

4. sethlution macrumors regular

I don't think you can change your store country without a credit card. You can however, create a new iTunes account for the US store (doesn't need a credit card) and then redeem it to that new account. The catch though is that you now have to switch between the two accounts when updating apps, depending on which account the app was purchased from.

5. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

You will have to set up another itunes account with a different  ID.
    I believe I can't post external links here , so just google "How to set up iTunes account in another country" and you will find plenty .
    Sorry , my english isn't good enough to walk you through the whole thing ..

6. AdvXSlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response, if i did this it could lead to another problem. I'm going to be using the code to buy something on an app which I downloaded on my current apple account i can't delete it because it wud still keep the account and im way to far in to restart!

7. AdvXSlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response, if i did this it could lead to another problem. I'm going to be using the code to buy something on an app which I downloaded on my current apple account i can't delete it because it wud still keep the account and im way to far in to restart!

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

You might try sending your friend to this page on the Apple UK website. I was able to login with my US Apple ID, so maybe your friend will be able to login with theirs and ship a physical iTunes Gift Card to you. I didn't go as far as payment, so I'm not sure if a US credit card and billing address will work, but it's worth a shot. There are also some on eBay at varying prices.

9. AdvXSlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the comments I managed to get it sorted! I had to create a new Apple ID and put no payment from there I can activate the code, now I'm just fixing the final problem, not being able to purchase it in game! This is because I downloaded the app with another Apple id but I'm contacted the game developers so it shud be sorted!

10. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

In the future, just have him buy you a UK iTunes code from eBay or some other online reseller. They are usually sold at very close to face value (sometimes even below). You don't even need a physical card - just a code that can be e-mailed to you. Just make sure it is a reputable store. I've done it several times with no problems.