itunes gift card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by new-to-mac, Apr 2, 2013.

1. new-to-mac macrumors regular

hi guys, not sure if this belongs here, if not mods please move it

i have a question regarding itunes gift card. i reside in europe and i currently have an itunes account with the country of my residence. i don't have a US billing address nor a US credit card. however next week i will be travelling to US and wanted to purchase an itunes gift card for my own use. if I buy this in US will I be able to use it when I come back to my own country? do I need to change the country linked to my itunes account and will this mess up anything with the purchases I have already made?

reason i would like a US itunes account is there seem to be more (different) apps in the US itunes store. also there are definitely more english speaking movies in the itunes US store.

anybody have experience with this would appreciate your reply

thanks for reading

2. Himalaya macrumors newbie

I did a little research on purchasing itunes apps and came to know that your billing address is very important. When you buy something in itunes you can only redeem that apps or songs from the country of your billing address.
    To make long cut it short, I don't think you will have problem when you come back to your country in Europe.