iTunes gift cards on App store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alligator34, Apr 1, 2011.

1. alligator34 macrumors newbie

I'm a cash girl for the most part. I find it easier to manage my money when I see it go out of my hand, so I'm just now dipping my toes into the land of iOS. I just bought my first iPod (8g, 4th Gen Touch). And I'm LOVING it.

But, I'm now kind of confused. I hit Best Buy on the way home the other day and saw you can buy gift cards for both itunes and the app store. I looked on Apple's support page and they don't seem to make any distinction.

Its just that I would really just loathe to have dropped 50 bucks on credits that only let me buy from 1 face of the same store.

Does anyone know if iTunes makes a distinction between iTunes credits and App store credits? Or is this just a labeling difference thats supposed to clear things up for everyone?

(Just wanted to add, that this forum has been a fantastic help while I lurked and try to figure out what kind of device to join the Apple sandbox with. You're all amazingly helpful! So, thanks!)

2. Jonasgold macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've bought stuff from iTunes music store, iOs App store & the Mac app Store with money from the same iTunes Card. So no they donot make a distinction.

3. alligator34 thread starter macrumors newbie