iTunes Gift Voucher - New York Trip - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HelixOmnimedia, Mar 17, 2008.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey,

I need some buying advice... my friend is going to New York in two weeks and I want him to get me a couple iTunes Gift Vouchers - it'll save me getting them from eBay.

But what will they cost? I went to New York two years ago and got some then, but can't remember if I had to pay extra for sales tax.

Does anyone know that the total price is for the following vouchers: $15, $25 and $50 - that way I know how much to give him.

Thanks for any help.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You shouldn't have to pay tax on the gift cards, since technically, you'll be paying tax on the purchase from iTunes as well, but don't quote me on that, since I've only bought physical gift cards from Oregon, which has no sales tax, and bought them online which had no tax because of the sales tax on iTunes items.

TEG

3. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

Is there a Wal-Mart or Walgreens near you? Here they both sell iTunes gift cards.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Are you talking to the OP? He is in Scotland, he is wanting his friend to get him some US gift cards to get the US content that they can't yet get in the UK.

TEG

5. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

OH. Lawls, I didn't look at the location field. Still, eBay maybe if this falls through?

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It always helps to read the original post before replying to it.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I can't remember if I paid tax either. I don't think so...

But instead of eBay, if the physical gift card doesn't work out, a better idea is to just get an American friend to buy you an electronic gift certificate, and reimburse him/her (e.g. through PayPal) which is how I buy my US iTunes stuff these days.

8. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

I have never paid tax on a giftcard purchase for itunes. I am 99.9% sure the facevalue amounts of the cards should be all you need

9. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I buy my Itunes gifts cards in a New York, not the big apple but still NY. And it just comes up to the regular 25, 50 or so on. I buy mine on the “American side” because then I can buy movies.

Hope it helps!!