iTunes glitch or intruder/hacker?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LERsince1991, Nov 22, 2009.

1. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

This is a serious problem. My iTunes ratings, and play counts keep proper messing up.

its showing that some of my songs have been played like 300 times (hundreds of tracks affected) and seemingly random ratings keep being applied.

I use ratings and play counts a lot so its making my perfect library... hell.

Thing is even though the play counts go off the roof, there is no value in the last played clumb so its either a glitch or they havnt been played on my macbook. its started to happen ever since I started using a bluetooth mighty mouse a month back. luckily imm using time machine and restored my library from before, i thought it was sorted but its just started doing it again (ive noticed).

anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?!

p.s. originally I had my library shared and bluetooth as discoverable but now none of it is and it still happened

ps sorry for my typing atm, I can only use 1 hand...

2. LERsince1991 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Not sure why the issue is happening, but it sounds like an iTunes Library issue to me. Have you tried rebuilding the library file?