iTunes glitch? wtf?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oogabooha, Jul 14, 2010.

1. oogabooha macrumors newbie

Something weird just happened. I opened up iTunes to find the whole window to be black, with two white balls floating around in the center. It seems as if they came from WoW, because they were the same graphics and shape that a wisp would be, etc. Can someone try to explain? 0_o That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen, they just floated there and didn't go away until I restarted the program. Now I regret taking a picture, but what the hell was that?

I'm using the latest iTunes on a MacBook Pro 17" btw.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Do you have a screen shot of it? It sounds like a glitch in the UI, though, which is not extraordinarily uncommon.

3. oogabooha thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn, well I wish I got a screen shot of it, and I've been trying to make it happen again ever since.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If it's not a recurring problem, don't worry about it too much. I've had similar UI abnormalities before.

5. oogabooha thread starter macrumors newbie

So you've seen things like a black itunes window and white balls floating around in the middle? Hmm, interesting. Is there a chance that someone could be watching my computer with a virus? :S thats what I'm worried about

EDIT: If you have any glitches like that, do you have a screenshot pl0x?

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Eh? I've seen garbled windows before with Finder, Safari, etc. It sounds like a UI glitch. I highly doubt it is a virus.

7. oogabooha thread starter macrumors newbie

Any screenshots? and I'm a complete n00b, mind explaining to me how this works?

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't have any screen shots of the errors, no. In one of the Safari glitches it showed a garbled Finder window repeating over and over within the Top Sites window. Mac OS X seemed to combine the two windows accidentally or something like that. I can't give a technical explanation about it, just insight into what I've seen in Mac OS X.

9. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

To me, sounds like the visualizer got turned on but there was no music playing, hence the white balls floating around. You can turn the visualizer on and off by going to View > Visualizer or by simply pressing command-T. I'm guessing you accidentally pressed command-T while in iTunes, and quitting and restarting iTunes automatically turned the visualizer off.

10. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That's a good thought! It does sound like that could've been what happened as well.

11. oogabooha thread starter macrumors newbie

Just turned the visualizer on, and that's exactly what it was! Thank you kind sir ^^

12. reubs macrumors 68000

Is this what it looked like? If so, that's the visualizer with no music playing, and it's pretty eerie looking, too!

Attached Files: