iTunes going nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elie.fares, Sep 15, 2009.

1. elie.fares macrumors regular

I have a few mp3 files that are not playing anymore with iTunes and they play normally with windows media player.
    I have iTunes 9. I tried converting them to AAC and get a (-50) error.
    The last time I listened to them was 9/9 after I installed iTunes 9 so I have no idea what happened to them.
    When I checked their infor, I noticed that the album cover had also disappeared.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

2. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

have you tried to delete the track from iTunes, and re-add the file?

3. elie.fares thread starter macrumors regular

I did.. the file wouldn't even re-add!

4. iPodClassic macrumors newbie

U probably have to convert the audio file again and readd it to itunes. I recommend using http://download.cnet.com/Easy-CD-DA-Extractor/3000-2140_4-10018859.html

The problem is iTunes sometimes adds gapless info to added itunes songs which can mess it up sometimes. Its a stupid problem when u add mp3s to itunes but its an easy fix but not pleasant.

5. Juggernaut6980 macrumors newbie

WTF is up with iTunes 9

I have a windows computer and i installed itunes 9. it looked nice but after a while it just freezes on me. i reinstalled it but it kept freezing and also the album artworks were not on the right albums. Like tenacious d had matchbox twenty artwork and so forth. Please help me!!!!

6. iPodClassic macrumors newbie

A weird glitch. I would recommend opening up itunes and go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Now uncheck the box that says "Keep itunes music" folder organized. For some reason for me it messed up some of my songs so its better to keep ur music where u want to put it. Bcus if u change an information, itunes will associate its stupid "gapless" thing and then the ID3 tags can sometimes mess up the song file.

For the artwork, yea it happened to me 2, just delete it afterwards or get a fresh one from google images.