iTunes Graphics Missing After Transfer to New Hd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mike dunx, May 25, 2007.

1. mike dunx macrumors regular

Alright, I just installed OS X on my new HD, transfered all my programs onto it from my old HD, and everything is working fine. The Problem is, I accidentally replaced the old version of iTunes that the OS X disc installed, with the newer version I had on my older HD. (Old HD had 10.4.8 w/ iTunes V.7.1 and the new HD had 10.4 w/ iTunes 4 or so) The only thing i replaced was the .app in the applications folder. Now when I go to open iTunes after downloading the 10.4.9 update, and the iTunes 7.1.1 update, there's a bit of a problem, none of the graphics are showing up, and it's kinda glitchy. So for some reason i thought it would be a good idea to just search for everything iTunes related, delete it, and reinstall... Well that didn't work because now I'm just back to where i was before. Will somebody help me out here? I just want iTunes like it should be.

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Which files did you delete before reinstalling? :)

3. mike dunx thread starter macrumors regular

ALRIGHT.

well as it turns out, the reason why they make you update quicktime and itunes at the same time is not only because of the video playback in iTunes BUT iTunes also needs quicktime (the newest version) to display most if not all of the graphics in the program. I just downloaded the quicktime update annnd so now everything is good. So if you ever wonder why iTunes 7.1.1 isn't working with your Quicktime 7.0, just up date Quicktime haha.