iTunes - Group category

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cgm707, Apr 25, 2014.

1. cgm707 macrumors member

I tried separating song keywords in the Group category with a comma, so that they would automatically be added to smart playlists that I created. In some cases, the songs do not show up, usually if the keyword is not the first keyword in the Group category, but come a comma.

Can anyone tell me how to get multiple keywords in the Group category to work?

2. KoderKev macrumors newbie

Did you get the help you need?

I see this question is not quite a year old, but I wanted to add that I have built a set of Applescripts that is based on using a comma-separated list of terms in the comments field (rather than the group field, as you mentioned). With it, I'm able to run scripts to add a term to the currently playing track, a selected track, or a bunch of selected tracks. It saves me time to do it this way, rather than by hand. Then using those terms in my smart playlists lets me select tunes by things like: Band's country of origin(british, american, etc.), additional genre information (slow dance, party music, sleep music), and so on. You can make up terms and descriptions that work for you, these are just suggestions. I can also sort the terms in selected tracks' comments, and replace text in selected tracks' comments.

If you are interested, send me a pm and I'll send you what I have. :cool: