***iTunes has app section greyed out***

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jayden0606, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

If I update or download a app through iTunes, I am unable to sync them to my iPhone as it is grayed out. Anyone know what to do? I can restore, but I have to start as a fresh device in order to be able to sync the app. I do not want to do that. If I restore from backup, the same thing happens.

Only way I can get the update is being re-downloading through my phone. Help?

Comp: Dell XPS, Windows Vista, iTunes 8.0

iPhone: 2.1

2. XiiAoMao macrumors newbie

XiiAoMao

I have this proble too, but i managed to solve it when u unplug your iPhone from the computer, go to settings and turn off the disable apps button. It worked for me.

3. Jayden0606 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow... that worked. Thank you. I didn't realize that had anything to do with syncing the apps. I only did that to disable the iTunes and App Store icon from showing on my home screen.

4. XiiAoMao macrumors newbie

XiiAoMao

yea, same for me last time. but if u really don't want the app store and iTunes, u can hide it from quite a few program downloaded from cydia. (e.g bosspref) Thats the tool i like most. :D

5. Jayden0606 thread starter macrumors 6502

I recently restored my iPhone and decided to forget about hacking it. I realized I didn't use it much.