itunes has gone crazy on me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

for the past week, I have been having nothing but problems with itunes, I load albums in, get error message saying the files are in use, failed to copy to disk" message.

It is also leaving/omitting half the album artwork on some of my albums.

i am using itunes with an external hard drive. The hard drive is formatted as NTFS, but I have paragon NTFS installed on my mac, so it can read & write to NTFS hard drives.

2. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

iTunes has always been an odd duck. Constant interface changes aside, my favorite quirk is how it keeps relocating my default library location.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I'd ditch NTFS if you can. Sure Paragon and the other one allow full access to NTFS, but I'm finding that at times they get lost. First repair permissions on that drive. I honestly suggest using a WINDOWS machine to do it.

I have an iTunes device running on NTFS and it does some of the things you mention. I have a mirror of it that I run but is formatted in Mac format and have never had an issue with it.

Good luck.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Zero problems running iTunes on external disk (for 10+ years), but I use Mac formatted disk.

5. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried looking at the disk under disk utility, & repair & verify permissions is greyed out, so I can't use these functions with the external hard drive.

6. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

are you using on a mac internal drive? or a mac formatted external drive?

7. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

It's on a NAS. It irritates me that if it can't find the NAS, it will presumptuously set up a new path and directory.