iTunes Headache

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MadDoc, Jan 21, 2008.

1. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I have just bought an Apple TV and a terabyte HDD.

All of my movies/TV shows were on an external drive and my music was on my internal drive (I have a notebook).

I have copied over all of my video to the new drive. I have removed all traces of video (movies and TV shows) from my iTunes library.

I added back my movies (with consolidate library OFF so it wouldn't copy them to my internal drive) - everything is cool.

When I try to add my TV shows - they add to the library fine and seem to retain their artwork and episode number, season number etc fine.

The problem is that when I add my TV shows to my library - iTunes flags them as Movies NOT as TV shows! How can I somehow automate the process instead of having to 'Get Info' on each and every TV show and manually change it (I have over 530 shows!).

This is driving me nuts - I just want to play with my new Apple TV!

Thanks,

MadDoc,

2. kolax macrumors G3

Strange how Get Info on multiple items brings up the same options as the music Get Info, rather than providing other options.

3. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I've figured out how to bulk change video settings really easily. You just need to download Doug's iTunes script from here. Full instructions are included in the download.

Works a treat!

MadDoc,