itunes help for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fromcha06, Aug 18, 2008.

1. fromcha06 macrumors member

Hey-

So, i just got the new iphone 16gig... and i am working with a new mac book (all of these things i have no idea what i am doing fyi)

i have a nano with all good play list etc.... how can i transfer that over to my iphone? it won't let me drag anything over? is there a way i can get this info into the phone? I don't wanna re-make everything...

please let me know, thx!!!

also i can't just drag songs onto my iphone in itunes? it won't let me... my only options are to "sync"

please help!? :confused: :confused:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you want to drag stuff to/from the iPhone you need to make sure the "Manually manage music and videos" checkbox is ticked on the Summary pane when the iPhone is connected to iTunes.

3. fromcha06 thread starter macrumors member

awesome I figured it was something small like that. What about moving the songs over? I basically wanna make this mirror my nano.

4. chanatown macrumors member

Basically, you just need to drag whatever songs, albums, playlists, etc. you want onto your iPhone. The iPhone is just another device like the nano, so if you've been adding music to the nano, you should have no problem.

5. fromcha06 thread starter macrumors member

i tried to-do this... however, it kept giving me the same red x every-time i tried to drag things in.......?

6. fromcha06 thread starter macrumors member

7. Madvillain Guest

I don't think the iPhone is treated the same way the nano is in iTunes. I had the same red X situation at first too.

Make the playlists you want for you phone in iTunes. Don't even have your phone hooked up yet. When you have the playlists created, then plug in your phone. Select the iPhone under devices on the left. Go to the music tab at the top, and select the playlists that you created and sync. That should take care of it.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Ahhh, to have parents that would buy me nice things...