itunes help - "go to current song" randomly doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dewdst, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dewdst macrumors member

For every version of iTunes I've ever used..lets say you find an mp3 file on your desktop and click on it, it would open in iTunes, play the song, and also Go to the song in your playlist.

For some reason the latest itunes is not "going to current song"

Yes it iTunes opens mp3 and plays it, but lets say I was listening to Beatles right before, then i open a Nirvana song file on desktop.....in my iTunes music library its still displaying the B section, which makes it harder to navigate etc

I have to press "CTRL + L" or "CMD + L" (mac machines) to make library show the song I am now playing

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

To go to the currently playing song, click this:
    ScreenCap 34.PNG

3. dewdst thread starter macrumors member

thanks, but that's the same thing as pressing CMD + L

It use to always go right to the song when you open a file from your computer

for example if i were listening to "3rd force"

and i clicked a Beatles song on my desktop....instead of bringing the playlist to all my B's by the Beatles etc...... Its leaving it by 3rd Force and all the other artists at the top of my list

this is driving me nuts ha

4. Chris6481 macrumors newbie

Im having the same exact issue. very frustrating.

5. pabloprieto2002 macrumors newbie

Same here. I just bought a macbook pro, and given it's my first mac im pretty annoyed by the fact that when, either on itunes or the finder, when you press fn+up arrow, the equivalent of page up, the focus moves yet the cursor or selected item stays in its original position. So if in itunes im browsing my library with page up or page down and then i click the up or down arrow, it will go back to the original position..

When i use the left or right arrow, to play the previous or next song, the selected song stays in its original position as well, so i need to hit command+L to go to the current song, when it would be way more convenient for the selection to move with the Current song as i click next...

is there a way to change this behavior on a mac? to move the cursor with the scrolling?