iTUNES help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Calogero, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Calogero macrumors newbie

hi all,

How can I organize iTUNES better?

Instead of listing all the songs, can I have it sorted by folder, so that when I click the folder, then the songs are listed?

I don't like how i open iTUNES and all the songs are just listed there.

I want it, like how I used to have it Windows Media - sorted by folders on the left - be artist, album or playlist.

Is this possible?

Thanks

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

It's really easy in iTunes. My iTunes has playlist folder i made call "Albums" When I rip a CD I create a new playlist in the Name of Artist followed by the Album name. I then drag the songs in the Album songs onto that playlist. Then when I click on the Albums folder arrow and then on the Album playlist I can sort the songs in that playlist by click on the box about the counting numbers to sort them by CD order, easily.

3. mogallin, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

mogallin macrumors member

Check out number 2 on this list and see if that is what you are looking for. It lets you browse your library as you would on an ipod, by artist, album, etc...

EDIT: Never mind the previous part of this post. Apparently the menu brought up when using the arrow was the column browser, also available from the view menu. I feel kind of dumb about not having know about this feature before...

4. Synthion macrumors regular