iTunes help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jasonwilldermoo, May 19, 2009.

1. jasonwilldermoo macrumors newbie

I have searched and searched and can't find an answer. I have a mini with an external HD with AIFF and AAC copies of all my music. With coverflow and the iPhone remote app I see both copies. This is fine on just the mini as I use a smart playlist to play music. On AppleTV and with the iPhone I want to just get the AIFF files. Do I need to keep two libraries? If so I can't figure out an easy way of transferring them. I would like to avoid sifting through four hundred albums and copying and pasting tracks. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

This is what I do. It seems complicated, but eh. In iTunes, enter any view where you can see a list of every single track (List view or Cover Flow basically). Make sure that "Kind" appears in the track info (so that the formats are listed for each track). Now, type "aiff" into the search box, only tracks in the .AIFF format will appear (you HAVE to have "Kind" visible for this to work). Make sure 'Manually Manage Music and Video' is selected on your iPhone. Press Command+A to select them, and drag them to your iPhone to sync.

Not sure about the ATV though, sorry.