iTunes HELP pls....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Canuck02, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Canuck02 macrumors newbie

hey guys, ok I just re formatted my computer and I forgot to burn all the original mp4 VIDEOS that i ahve on my computer BUT I backed up my iTunes and burned everything on my iTunes to a discs including the video...now my question is...if I sync my iPod to my computer for updates will the exclamation point show up beside all the videos coz I dont have the original vids?...coz theres tons of videos..:(

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Well, have you put all your iTunes library material back on your computer (along with your Library files)? That's the first step.

If all your music is on the drive, and your Library xml file has the right paths to everything you're fine.

If you sync your iPod to your computer and you're missing files, the iPod won't export them to fill in the holes in your library. Not normally anyway, there are ways you can pull stuff off your iPod in an emergency, but if you have backups it's probably just easier to drag your videos from your backup discs back into iTunes as new.

After all that's what backups are for, right?

3. Canuck02 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok as long as I have the iTunes back up disc with all my files im ok right?...even though I forgot to burn the original videos frum my video files...but the vids are on my iTunes back up discs....confusing?..lol