iTunes Help! Purchased songs gone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Jun 10, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

So my iPhone was acting up...the GPS just stopped working. So I did a final backup of my iPhone's data and headed to the Apple Store. After failing to get my GPS to work, they finally gave me a new iPhone. Here's the problem...once I got home, I restored from my backup.

For some reason, although I clicked yes on the transfer purchases prompt when I was backing up, my purchased songs ended up missing from my computer and from my iPhone. I searched my computer and they are nowhere to be found. Only the ones that I purchased prior to my previous backup (about a month ago) are still there. But that still leaves me without 11 songs that I purchased since that time.

I've tried File>Transfer Purchases from iPod and that doesn't work. I've tried Store>Check Available Downloads and that doesn't work. I've tried spotlighting all 11 missing songs and that doesn't work either.

What should I do? I tried looking for a place to email Apple on their website, but I can't find it.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

In theory, if you go to the iTunes store and attempt to redownload the songs it should prompt you that your download is free because you've already purchased them. I have heard though, that sometimes this doesn't work and you have to call customer service.

3. RiceRacerDX thread starter macrumors 6502

I've already tried that too. It tells me that I've already downloaded it but then asks if I'd like to go ahead and buy it anyway. On apps, that usually works, but I guess with songs it's a bit different.

4. The General macrumors 601

It will charge you to download them again. Email support and ask them to put them on your download queue. That will be free.

5. RiceRacerDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to follow-up on this. I went to Apple's website and scheduled a phone call to talk with one of their representatives. As soon as I clicked ok, I got a call from them. The entire process took only 10 minutes (that includes about 6-7 minutes of being on hold while they fixed it for me). I told them about the songs I'm missing and told them the start date. He gave me two options: if I would like to receive all of my downloads (everything I downloaded from apps to songs) from the beginning of time basically OR just receive every download up until the time I lost my information. I just wanted the songs I lost so I went with option two. I can thankfully say that I now have all my songs back...and about 144 applications, lol.