Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegoSupremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Hey first post here but I have been on the site for a long time its one of my favorites.
On to my question
everything in itunes works fine on my powerbook im able to load the store and browse it but when ever I try to add something to my cart I try to sign in and it says, iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknow error occured (-9813). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

but on my other mac I can sign in just fine
so im not sure when this happend its been awile since its worked and im not sure what I did to make it not work on the powerbook
any help would be great
thanks

KeegoSupremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Yes the firewall is on but its on both macs and both macs are on the same network I have also tried it with the firewall off still doesnt work
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
whats the best way to uninstall all of itunes just drag it to the trash?

EHUnlucky7x9@ao

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2006
New Jersey
iTunes has sucked since they revised it. I've got a Mac Pro and i would have to delete the file "com.Apple.iTunes.plist" from time to time so that iTunes runs properly. I would have to deal with the "welcome to itunes" box everytime I open iTunes and I just hit cancel... but its worth doing rather than having iTunes remain unstable, freezing, not unmounting my ipod, and receiving errors. You can give it a try.... i just type that com.apple.itunes.plist in spotlight and click show all and then drag it into the trash and delete. Then quit itunes n start it up. Works fine for me then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.