iTunes - help with sharing & updating library across two macs (three user accounts)?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PurplePip, Nov 16, 2013.

1. PurplePip macrumors newbie

Can anyone help please?

I'm having trouble getting iTunes Home Sharing to setup and I'm not sure whether what I'm trying to do is possible or whether I'm missing something.

I have two Macs (early 2011 13" cMBP, late 2013 13" rMBP), I would like to be able to share the iTunes library between both machines (2 users accounts on cMBP and one user account on rMBP) - ideally I'd like to be able to sync iPads, iPods etc off either machine and have the library update and sync across both machines and user accounts - is this possible?

At the moment I can't get the shared library to show up on the cMBP despite selecting Home Sharing on and having the same Apple ID on both machines and user accounts. I've read through all of the Apple Support documents about Home Sharing etc but still it doesn't seem to be working - can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong or an alternative solution?

Thank you for any help

2. WilliamDu macrumors regular

Similar Problem

I'm having the same problem sharing between two hardwired iMacs on an ethernet network. Worked OK one way before Mavaricks, but not at all now after installing 10.9.

So called expert at local Apple store wanted me to bring the computers in to assess problem. Not very expert. apparently.

Spent half and hour on phone with Applecare rep who was also unable to come up with any ideas.

Any help appreciated.:confused: