iTunes help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Stoutman11, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Stoutman11 macrumors member

Hi, ok i am baffled. I have used itunes for years. For the first time i have actually bought a movie from itunes (glengary glenross). I synced my iphone 4 to get the movie on my phone so i could watch it on my phone during slow times at work. However I cannot get the movie to sync??!!!!! So all my other movies which were ripped with handbrake work fine. I have those under the "movie" catergorie and they are fine and sync fine. This purchased movie will not go to my phone. It does show under my "purchased" playlist with all the songs i have bought. However it isnt showing in my iphone under the playlist!

I can play the movie fine off of my macbook and even moved it to my movie catergory with the rest of the movies.

I have "include movies from playlists" checked under movies when snycing but i doesnt show on my iphone. i have looked thru and spotlight searched it and no go. What am i doing wrong on this itunes purchased movie???

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

Watching movies on your phone is for closers.

Sorry, couldn't resist.:p

3. Stoutman11 thread starter macrumors member

4. Stoutman11 thread starter macrumors member

ah... i checked the movie and its in quicktime format as opposed to my other movies which are mp4. is this the reason??? and how do i change to format?

5. dissolve macrumors 6502a

If you purchased it from iTunes, it should be a m4v file. If you Get Info in iTunes, the file type will say something like "protected MPEG-4 file." Is that not the case? Files bought on iTunes should play very easily on an iPhone so let's figure out what went wrong.

6. Stoutman11 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi its in a quicktime format for some reason. Not sure why it was dl in that format tho. Any suggestions on how to change it? ThAnks

7. dissolve macrumors 6502a

That's really bizarre. You could just click the file and choose Advanced>Make iPad or Apple TV version / iPhone version. You may suffer some quality loss though. If you only plan on watching on your iPhone, the quality loss won't be apparent.