ITunes Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smitty8202, Feb 3, 2011.

1. smitty8202 macrumors member

smitty8202

So I just got a new MBP and i want to transfer my ITunes from my PC to my MBP. I am not even sure if this is the right place to post this but it's my best guess. I tried a search but none of really answered my question. like i said i want to transfer my itunes so i want to keep all my movies, podcasts, music and since i have an iphone my apps. also by transferring my itunes from pc to mac will my backup data from my iphone go with it? i just dont want to lose anything. any info would help. Thank you for your time

2. BugBytes macrumors regular

Does your iPhone have all your movies, podcasts and other items you want on your Mac? If so, then just connect it to your Mac and make sure when you sync it to read the dialogs carefully and choose the option that will transfer the items on your iPhone to your Mac, NOT "replace the contents of your iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library", as that option will erase all the stuff on your iPhone. Please note that once you sync your iPhone to your Mac, do not sync it with your PC again as you can only sync it with one computer. Because of this, make sure all of the new stuff you purchase or rip to your iTunes goes to the iTunes you will be syncing with (in this case your Mac) so your iPhone will be up to date with your new stuff.
    Let me know how it goes or whether you don't have everything you want on your Mac on your iPhone.

3. smitty8202 thread starter macrumors member

smitty8202

all my stuff wont fit on my iphone, so how will i go about moving all my stuff.

4. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

5. BugBytes, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

BugBytes macrumors regular

Thanks xlii, that will be easier because my way is a little tricky to do and if you don't do it right goodbye iPhone contents :D Just make sure when you start syncing your iPhone to your Mac for the first time make sure you do NOT select "Erase and Sync", but rather choose "transfer Purchases" and authorize the computer if necessary. You may get duplicates of certain files after the transfer, just delete the extras.