itunes Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack105, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jack105 macrumors member

I know this isn't an itunes forum but since I got my iphone I'm forced to use itunes. I had an ipod touch for a few months and messed around with itunes abit, but for the most part I just use windows media and my music folders. My problem is m itunes is so messy, there are songs here and there scattered all about. CDs I transferred for my windows' folders to itunes are all split up now. I have albums that are split into parts, the albums are duplicated with some songs on one and other songs on another (it's the same album just split up). The only thing I can think of is most of my music is downloaded so maybe something happened when I transferred it. Any tips for using my itunes? Also I can't seem to get music off my iphone, when I unsnced it for some reason it stays on the phone. I know I am making this much more complicated that it really is but once I learn how to use I'm sure it'll be easy.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

To organize your iTunes library, open iTunes, select preferences>Advanced, place a check in "Keep iTunes media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library". Click "Ok" to save your preferences.
    After you do that, click file>library>organize library. This could take awhile, depending on how much music that iTunes has to move.
    When you get this done, post back, and I'll help you with music syncing.

3. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback. I tried what you described above and it said there was not enough space on the OS. I figured out how to sync. I turned of manual manage and now I can remove whole albums instead of deleting each song.

Do you know how to combine albums? I bought a song off itunes from a dave matthews album then I bought the whole album and now I have to albums of the same album. One of which is the single song I bought and the other is the rest of the album not including that song, can I combine them somehow? I have a few other albums like this.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you right click on the songs, and select get info, you will have some options, and you might be able to re-associate the songs.