Itunes help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tslewis, Sep 4, 2011.

1. tslewis macrumors member

I have had to relocate my iTunes library to a new external hard drive after my previous one hooked up as an air disk failed. its a 130 GB library.

I have pointed Itunes to its new location through the preferences pane and have told it to keep it organized and to copy files there.

I then went and consolidated my library.

After all of this iTunes still places an exclamation mark on my music files and can't locate them, If i access the info for the music file it is of course still pointing to my old external air disk location.

The new media location name is not identical to the old one.

I have tried to forcibly locate the file when asked and then said yes for itunes to try and locate all missing files but it doenst work.

Really appreciate any help because i cannot do this manually for a 130 GB library

cheers

2. realchimera macrumors regular

1) you can always change media location in itune preference

2) you drag all you music folder to itune again

3) why people jailbreak their iphones? it's because apple software suck. It takes too much control over users, but it's easy to use for dumbass users with no brains.

3. tslewis thread starter macrumors member

1) No **** sherlock

2) GTFO, if you do that you will overwrite for previous iTunes library where my previous items were arranged by add date, play count and what not. Good way to break someones 5 year library dumb ass.

3) I have not broken my iPhone, dumbs, read the full post before jumping to conclusions.

The way I resolved it was to eject my newly pointed to library on my external HDD. Open iTunes, which reset the location. Close and reopen, point library again and then this forced iTunes to relocate my missing files.