iTunes Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ccf, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ccf macrumors regular

My wife's iPhone automatically starts syncing when I plug it in to my iMac. My iPhone & IPad don't do this. I've looked at every setting on her phone that would be different than mine, but I must be missing something.

What setting with her phone or iTunes will stop automatic syncing? Also, my phone goes through all the songs when I do sync, but hers doesn't do it even though the same songs are on hers (both phones sync properly, though).

Anybody know what's going on or what the differences are? Both run the new iOS.

2. Fallinangel macrumors regular

Fallinangel

You have to change it in iTunes, not in the settings of your device.
    Just plug your wife's iPhone in, wait until it's connected, abort the syncing process in iTunes, click on the iPhone in the left sidebar and turn automatic syncing off.
    Thus, you can do it individually for each device, or you can configure iTunes to prevent each device from syncing automatically.
    To do that just go to iTunes and open its preferences (iTunes > Preferences). Go to the "Devices" tab and check "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".

I don't exactly know what you mean by "goes through all the songs", but which songs and playlist are synced can be defined in iTunes, too.
    Simply click on your device in the left sidebar and select the music you want to sync in the "Music" tab. If you want it to sync every song, just check "Entire Music Library" for your device.