iTunes Help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mac26, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mac26 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone!
    I need some help with my iTunes Library,

I have a macbook air and so since storage is limited (and primarily for work purposes) I want to keep my music on a hard drive and not have to click it to access it from the hard drive, however when on the go I would like to listen to music occasionally as well so how can I keep one library file on the HDD and one on the MBA's SSD without having to move files when switching between the two drives.

Additional details:
    -My music isn't currently on my MBA (although I have purchased it previously on iTunes and so I can just download it in a click once I figure out how to keep data on both)

Thanks in advance!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

You may want to consider subscribing to iTunes Match. You would then keep your current library on an external drive, and create another library with iTunes Match enabled on your MBA's internal drive. The advantage of iTM here would be to have all your metadata and playlists synchronized, have access to your complete library as long as there's internet access available, and be able to temporarily make music locally available without having to copy files around.

4. mac26 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're welcome! Glad it helped!