Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valmin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Well my itunes music somehow just disapeared. I opened up my itunes and got a message stating that itunes was damaged. I have no idea how this happened and i was wondering if i could do a system restore.

Can someone either tell me how to fix the itunes and get all my music back and/or tell me how to do a systems restore to move my computor back before itunes was damaged.

Thank you

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Well my itunes music somehow just disapeared. I opened up my itunes and got a message stating that itunes was damaged. I have no idea how this happened and i was wondering if i could do a system restore.

Can someone either tell me how to fix the itunes and get all my music back and/or tell me how to do a systems restore to move my computor back before itunes was damaged.

Thank you

Your music will probably be fine and still there - it'll be the itunes database file that remembers where all the music is that is broken. Best thing to do is delete the file and reimport all of your music - you'll lose your playlists and song ratings.

Hadley

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
weird. i just came on to the forum to look for an answer to this question, as it just happened to me too. i am re importing the music library .xml file, its just taking a while is all.

SpinyNorman

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2007
Bodmin, UK
Me too.

Exact same thing happened to me week before last. No problem, Just re-loaded from my music Folder, but I did lose all my playlists(except for top 25 most played, for some reason) and ratings. Only thing is that everything is in the date added column under the same date.
First software problem I've had in 2 and a half years, so i shouldn't moan too much, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.