iTunes HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeneticFreak84, Oct 7, 2008.

1. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Whenever I log into iTunes from my iPhone 3G and try to DL a song... a window pops up asking me for a password, and the user is set to _____@mac.com. That is NOT my e-mail address! I think it's the address of the mac computer used at the Apple store to register my iPhone :confused: I was told to go home and plug my iPhone into my computer, which I did and even downloaded the 2.1 firmware to my phone and DL'ed a few songs from iTunes. But whenever I try to DL songs from iTunes via my iPhone (in a wi-fi area), it's not set to my e-mail account!

HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I believe what you will need to do is as follows, if you haven't already done so :

Open up itunes and create a new Apple account. Can't recall exactly how to do it, but chances are it is under "Store" along the top of the screen.

Then re-sync your iphone with itunes again, and it should then adopt the new Apple store account details that you have just created.

Purchase away, and this time the phone should hopefully ask for your new account password.

3. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much.

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

The only thing that makes me wonder a little is that you say you have previously downloaded songs from itunes on your PC. I would have thought you would have required an Apple store account to have done so, so perhaps I am missing something here?

Basically, my understanding is that whatever the active store account is in itunes, the iphone should pick that up when it is sync'd.

Perhaps you already have an account but itunes just hasn't been properly signed into it when the phone was sync'd?

:confused:

5. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

I signed into iTunes while the iPhone was connected to my computer (sync'd), via my iTunes account.

However, I've never been able to sign into iTunes from my iPhone using a Wi-Fi connection.

I purchased my iPhone on July 11th, the day it came out. Due to the high volume of customers, I remember iTunes was running EXTREMELY slow when we tried to register my iPhone via the in-store Mac computer. The Mac "genius" :rolleyes: told me to go home and register there. As I said, I've plugged my iPhone into my computer, DL'ed the new firmware, and signed into iTunes and DL'ed a few songs... However, my iPhone iTunes still has me logged on as the Mac computer in the store :confused:

6. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

From the Apple support site :

Clicky

Changing Your Account
    It is not possible to change the account in use on the device itself or to sync multiple accounts to your mobile device. To change the account you are using on your mobile device, go to your computer and sign in to the iTunes Store with the account you want to use on your mobile device, then sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your computer again. This will transfer the new account information to the mobile device. To sign in or out of an account in iTunes choose Store > Sign In (or Sign Out).

Other than that, I'm not really sure what else to suggest, apart from a restore and setting the handset up as "new"?

:rolleyes:

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Re-Authorize your computer using your current account with the iPhone plugged in. Then sync your iPhone again. Go to iTunes, "Store", "Authorize Computer" follow the prompts. Then sync. Problem should be fixed.

Do NOT create another account as this will invalidate your other purchases off of the old account.

Good Luck

8. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!