Itunes Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bigyella, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Bigyella macrumors member

I have had a Iphone for a while now! I cant convince my girlfriend to get one! So I bought her an iPod Touch for christmas. I loaded it with songs, and apps, and all that!

I know I can authorize her computer, to get my songs, but will she loose all her apps, if she syncs it? She does not currently have an iTunes account! I would like to share mine with her! Is this possible? She lives a few hours away, so You can see, why I am asking!

Can I back up my iTunes, and restore it on her computer, And we may be able to share the account?

Thanks

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are serious about sharing your itunes account with her, you can give her your account name and password, and she can log in to your account on her computer. She'll also need to authorize her computer with your account. However, if she goes crazy and buys a $1000 worth of songs/apps/videos, you'll be stuck with the charges. :D

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Which is why you don't put in your credit card info. I'm on iTunes gift card money.

To OP: just give her your iTunes account info and have her log in + authorize her computer. Sync the iPod with her computer and have it transfer all the apps, songs, videos, etc. multimedia content from iPod to iTunes.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But what if you've already put in your credit card info? Is there a way to remove that?

Also, I believe syncing will only transfer apps. Songs/videos/podcasts etc, need to be copied from computer to computer, through a flash drive or other external storage.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Transfer purchases will copy any iTunes authorized media to the computer. This includes apps, music, even tv shows and movies if they're on the iPod touch.

@ Night Spring: It's possible to remove the billing information from an iTunes account but doing so would require the OP to re-enter the billing info, and then remove it after every purchase.

6. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

7. jonepark macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just purchased an U2 ipod and I want to transfer my friend music of his ipod into mine.I tried it by pluging in my ipod to her computer but it replaced all my songs with him.I don't want this to happen,I want his and mine,both of us songs.Is there any way I can get her music added on to my song list on my ipod or my itunes please let me know.
    Thanks.

8. Bigyella thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Guys! I trust her! She wont go crazy! LOL