iTunes Holiday Sampler LP Screensaver?

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Does anyone know how, or if it is possible, to somehow get the background of the Holiday Sampler LP, and use it as a Screen Saver?

I'm sure it is flash, and it it could be separated how would i go about turning it into a OS X Screen Saver?

Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No, that image is the Cover Art. I'm talking about the LP file. When you play it, it will snow and play some jingle bells. Double click the track and it will open the LP.
Ahh, I knew it couldn't be that simple! I can't open it, because I can't download it.

Comment

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Sure you can, its a free download, go to the iTunes Store. There should be a link on the main screen still.

If not search for, Holiday Sampler.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sure you can, its a free download, go to the iTunes Store. There should be a link on the main screen still.

If not search for, Holiday Sampler.
No, it won't let me download unless I upgrade to iTunes 9. I prefer to stick with 8 for now. It looks like all the free downloads - LP or not - require the upgrade now. They're trying to force everyone to the new version, it appears.

Comment

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
It's all javascript. Right click on the file (iTunes Holiday Sampler - iTunes LP.itlp) and choose Show Package Contents. If someone knows how to convert that to javascript then you could.

Looks like someone wrote an app that shows javascript as a webkit (Safari) screensaver. If you can figure out how it works then you'll be set.

Comment

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm guessing he wants the landscape background with the snow falling and nothing else. I messed around with it and was able to remove most of the images but I couldn't get rid of the picture link not found boxes (blue w/question marks) as they don't seem to be saved as straight html files. When I edit the html, save it and run index.html it just shows a black screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Thanks guys/girls. I think this will be my holiday/weekend project.

I did try to dig through the Show Contents, of the file, but really couldn't figure out what was what. I think i will have to just look at it more when i get more time later tonight maybe.

Thanks for the help.

Comment