Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
I have a question about home sharing in iTunes. I have home sharing set up and working fine among all my iDevices, iTunes (multiple computers), and multiple Apple TV's. The wife and I got the kids an iPod touch for Christmas (primarily for games), but it would be nice to add it to the home sharing so they can listen to music and watch their movies too. However, I don't want the kids to be able to access all of the movies. Ideally, I'd like to restrict access to movies and TV shows on that device to movies and shows of a certain rating, or manually "approved" movies and shows. Is there any way to do something like this?

Jeff

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
Looks like I figured it out on my own. Setting Restrictions on the iPod accomplished what I wanted. It's great because limiting them to certain Movie and TV ratings causes the videos app to not even show anything that falls outside of the approved ratings. All they see is the "approved" movies and shows, and those without ratings (home videos).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.