iTunes Homesharing won't share just one playlist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ztormie, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Ztormie macrumors regular

I've got an iMac and a newly purchased Macbook Air. I've got all my music and stuff on iTunes on the desktop and I want to share some of it to the Air. However, as I only have the 64 Gb flashdrive I can't have the whole thing on it and I just want to share the music I've bought off the iTunes store. I choose this option in the Homesharing menu in iTunes, but when I click on the sharing folder on my Air the whole library shows up, including all my auidobooks and podcasts and such. I've tried turning off Homesharing and turning it on again but nothing seems to do the trick.
    Any ideas or is this a known bug?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Sharing means that you can play the music that is on your iMac, on your Air, without physically having it on the Air. So, it doesn't really matter that the whole of your Music Library shows.

3. Ztormie thread starter macrumors regular

I am aware of what it means thank you. It's just that the 11 Air screen is rather small and it does matter that my entire library shows up because it means I have to scroll through it all the time I want to play a song, which is rather tedious. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this before or what I could do. The option so just share one or two playlist is there so it should work.