Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Im running Snow Leopard. I ripped some CDs to my Mac, but I would like to change the number besides them. This is in "Music" under "Library", not in a playlist. I will post a picture to illustrate the problem, using the 007 soundtrack as example:

The song "Thunderball" is listed as number 12, and I would like to change it to number 4, in order to illustrated the order the movies were released. (If you are familiar with 007 you will actually notice most songs are in a incorrect order.)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 8.35.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 8.35.41 PM.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 241

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
You'll have to do it by creating a Playlist for that album. You can then re-order them as you wish.

You can only change the order in the Music view by choosing a column; ie, time, date imported, last played etc.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Im running Snow Leopard. I ripped some CDs to my Mac, but I would like to change the number besides them. This is in "Music" under "Library", not in a playlist. I will post a picture to illustrate the problem, using the 007 soundtrack as example:

The song "Thunderball" is listed as number 12, and I would like to change it to number 4, in order to illustrated the order the movies were released. (If you are familiar with 007 you will actually notice most songs are in a incorrect order.)
It's likely listed in order of track numbers, which you can change to your liking. Then if you sort Music by Track Number or by Album, they will be in order of the track numbers that you have entered. There's no need to create a playlist, unless you want to.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
It's likely listed in order of track numbers, which you can change to your liking. Then if you sort Music by Track Number or by Album, they will be in order of the track numbers that you have entered. There's no need to create a playlist, unless you want to.

How do I change the track numbers? Im a experienced user and tried to do it with no success

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Get Info on the track and update the metadata fields as desired.

I'd use a playlist but how to handle this sort of thing is a subjective matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.