Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animalresource

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2012
Not sure if this belongs in the iCloud forum or an iTunes forum but anyway, I'm having this problem when I have automatic downloads enabled in iTunes and on my iPhone.

Basically, if I download an app on my iPhone just to see if its any good, it also gets downloaded on my iMac, which is fine, but then if I decide the app is crap and decide to delete it from my iPhone, it does not get removed from my iMac! Which is very annoying. The reason its annoying is because, I tend to forget that it was ever downloaded to my iMac, so I then end up syncing my iPhone with iMac and it adds the app to my iPhone again! Happens to me all the time! :mad:

Is there a way of getting iTunes to delete the app as well if its deleted from my iPhone?

georgesgirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
Deleting Apps from Device and iTunes

You have to delete them from both devices. When deleting from iTunes, a window will pop up, asking you if you are sure you want to delete the selected App, Click the Delete Apps button. Then a new window will pop up, choose "Move to Trash".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.