iTunes icon change

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 14, 2009.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I was just looking at the iTunes icon and thinking: That's obsolete.
    One of the key elements of the icon is not really an important part of iTunes anymore. All the media that lives inside iTunes doesn't come from CD's anymore does it? It all comes from the iTunes Store! Why do they have a CD in the icon? Shouldn't they change it for the future like they did with the light bulb in System Preferences?

What do you think?

Ams.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Most music in iTunes libraries still come from importing CDs on to the computer. Sure more people are moving to buying more of their music from the iTunes Store and Apple offers more than music on iTunes now, but in the end most people use it for music.

4. mattyxxl macrumors newbie

I use this!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• icon.png
      icon.png
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
  5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

If you're doing away with the CD because it's obsolete (which it's not, imo), the 5th gen iPod is also obsolete. The 6th gen (classic), iPhone, iPod Touch, and various Nanos have come out since then.

I use this for my iTunes icon. Got it from Aqua4iTunes when iTunes 7 was out.

[​IMG]

6. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i like that one

7. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

The name needs to go too. iTunes holds much more than just music now.

I don't think anyone would like a complete re-do of the branding scheme though.

8. acid macrumors newbie

acid

what would they call it?

the apple Istuff? because realy thats what u keep in it... its no longer just music....

its like calling a dvd player a dvd player but it still can play cds or in some cases data cds!

9. emt1 macrumors 65816

iMedia? I know that sounds PC-ish, but its just a thought. I agree that the CD is outdated, too. Maybe just the musical notes?