iTunes icon in PSD with layers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amemoryoncelost, Oct 17, 2008.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

amemoryoncelost

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I figured this could go in one of several places. Anyways, I'm not a "pro" with photoshop, but I know my way around enough to do basic things. My goal, create a new iTunes icon with a vinyl record in place of the CD. I found one already done like this, but I want to do a couple of different records. I'll post the image of the record one I've already found, but kind of shows you what I want to do. I'm gonna try and edit through this and do it all without an original PSD file. But obviously if someone knew of something already around, it would make my life ten times easier. Thanks for any help, advice and/or direction!
    [​IMG]

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

One thing that will help you enormously is to install the developer tools, and open up the iTunes.icns file in Icon Composer. From here you can get the high-quality 512x512 pixel version of the icon. Alas, once converted into ICNS it's not possible to recover the original graphic. What you CAN do, though, is recreate the layers yourself. This isn't too hard - you know where their boundaries should be, and you don't particularly care about what's under the note icon.