itunes icon on 3G desktop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scottbushey, Aug 3, 2008.

1. scottbushey macrumors member

This may sound stupid but, What exactly is the Itunes icon for on the 3G? It never has worked. Just curious...

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

well, if your talkin abt the home screen of the iPhone 3G, its for buying songs/vids and other iTunes stuff from your phone itself w/o syncing with a computer..

3. The General macrumors 601

You have to be on Wifi for it to work. To make it disappear, go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Enable restrictions and create a passcode for changing restrictions, then switch iTunes to OFF.

I would never buy music from iTunes, so I don't need the icon, thats how I get rid of it. :)

Actually, just songs. Nothing else. :rolleyes:

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Yes you need to be connected to a Wifi Network to Buy Music straight to your phone, it comes in handy sometimes and its a great app :D don't delete it plus you really can't. try it out next time your near a wifi hotspot.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

i doubt 'The General' thinks its a great app:
    and i agree, i dont use itunes for music, and you can delete it by simply hiding it

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I only buy CD's myself and would only buy from iTunes if they offered lossless. However it is good for previewing (or is it prelistening :) ) to music.

7. scottbushey thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that gem of info; Where do you get music from other than Itunes? I've searched; There are really no cheaper venues per se. Amazon saves you a buck I believe-there was a disadvantage buying from Amazon if I remember correctly.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

CD's, they may be 20th century but the SQ is far superior to lossy downloads and they are even cheeper. Plus you have a physical backup.